13th Victim for the 10.10.10 Incident!

Hi all...

Condolences to the family members of the 13th death victim for the worst bus crash accident of the year that happened along the North-South Expressway on the 10th October, 2010.

Here's the full story taken from The Star.

MALACCA: A woman who suffered head injuries in the horrific bus crash along the North-South Expressway near Linggi last Sunday has died, bringing the death toll to 13. Sharifah Nor Asmira Syed Sallehuddin, 21, from Kampung Padang Marang, Terengganu succumbed to her injuries at the Malacca Hospital’s intensive care unit at 12.05am yesterday. Sharifah was a language student at the Institute of Teacher Education in Kuala Lumpur. Her body was sent home at 3am for burial. Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam who confirmed her death said the state would extend RM1,000 in aid to her family.

 Insurance payment: Yaakub presenting the Socso compensation to Jayarani yesterday. With them are state Socso director Zainol Abu (left), Klebang state assemblyman Datuk Seet Har Cheow (centre) and Jayarani’s daughter R. Padmah.

In Seremban, Lam Fong Weng, 59, who sustained head injuries was still fighting for his life at the Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital intensive care unit. Hospital director Dr Ja’afar Che Mat said Lam’s condition was stable but it was too soon to say if he would recover from his injuries. Lam’s wife Pang Shi Moei, 57, was killed in the accident. His 20-year-old son Choon Jiat who was also injured in the accident was discharged on Tuesday. Dr Ja’afar said another patient, Kok Sue San, 24, who was first placed in the high dependency unit, had been transferred to a normal ward. “Kok suffered abdominal injuries in the crash and is now recovering,” he said, adding that only five victims including Lam were in hospital.
In another development, M. Jayarani, the wife of the 52-year-old driver of the Delima express bus involved in the crash, wants investigations into the accident to be expedited to clear her dead husband’s name. The 47-year-old widow said there were allegations that her husband, R. Ramachandra, was drunk or high on drugs. “It is very upsetting to hear such remarks. There are even those who said he owed money to loan sharks. “My daughter who is studying in a local university had even received calls from friends asking whether the rumours were true,” she said at her home in Kampung Tengah, Klebang Besar, Malacca yesterday. Ramachandra was killed on the spot. Initial investigations revealed that the three-year-old bus was in good condition. Earlier, State Welfare and Education Committee chairman Datuk Yaakub Md Amin presented the family Socso compensation of RM1,144.50.


Whatever the story is, I hope that the truth will be revealed and justice is made fair.
Let's all pray for the rest of the victims who are still struggling to fight for their life at the hospital.
We hope the money that the family members get can somehow cure the pain in their heart but we all know the money will not bring the death back to life.

Life is definitely unpredictable and recently I have this new mentality that has been growing like mushrooms after the rainy days in my head. 
It says,"Life is short, enjoy it when I am still alive. Appreciate the people around us. Don't make a big fuzz out of the money matters but be less calculative with it and life will be happier on the other side."

Last but not least, I might be old-fashioned but this is the slogan that I heard from TV many years ago.
"Drive safe, remember your love ones."

-Peace Out-